Friday, May 05, 2006

Sad News for Belvidere.....















(Move over Nissan. Belvidere has bigger and better things in store!)

It has recently come to my attention that the Nissan Motor Corporation has decided to build it's new headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee. I am both hurt and confused. You may remember that I petitioned Nissan to move its headquarters to Belvidere back in January. I thought that the abscence of a response meant that they were taking plenty of time to mull over such an important decision. But after coming across an article on the move I was shocked to discover that Nissan had already chosen Nashville 3 months prior to my letter. I would have thought that they would have had the decency to let us know. That way we might have avoided months of stomach turning anticipation. Well it's Nissan's loss. Belvidere will just move on to bigger and better things. We didn't need a multi-billion dollar corporation mucking up our beautiful town with it's fancy city folk. So it's on to plan B.

Sincerely,
Spooner Jenkins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home